Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Today Is A New Creation

Nothing strengthens the judgement and quickens the conscience like individual responsibility.
-Elizabeth Cady Stanton


I woke up this morning thrilled that my community passed a bond issue allowing for a new middle school to be built in our school district. And, I frequent Facebook a bit, and when I logged on today, my stomach was in knots.  It had nothing to do with who won or who did not win the presidential race.  My stomach was in knots over the intense animosity, criticism and hatred that seems to be floating amongst the cyber-waves. 

In THIS moment, my share is not about politics.  In THIS moment by share is about CHOICE.....choosing to step away from condemnation, criticism, and complaining.  

Every morning I read through several different sources for my affirmations.  Some resonate with me more than others, depending on where my thoughts and emotions are.  This morning I read from a book by Earnest Holmes, "Science of Mind".  Here is what I read this morning, November 7th, 2012:

"Whatever the mistakes of yesterday may have been, today is a new creation.  Turning from the errors of the past, and no longer carrying with us the sorrows and mistakes of yesterday, today we may enter into a new experience.  But it is only when we forgive everyone that we may feel certain that the weight of condemnation is lifted from our own consciousness. We should refuse to carry negations of yesterday into the positive atmosphere of today, for today the world is made new in our experience.  
Today I loose all condemnation.  I judge not, and I am judged only by the Law of Good.  There is no animosity, no criticism, no hatred.  I shall behold the face of love, of beauty, and of peace in everyone I meet.  I know that every right motive has the blessing of the Spirit and that there is nothing that opposes this blessing or denies this Divine givingness."


We are all passionate about our positions because we love this country so much....or at least that is what I have heard people say.  

That being said, this country of ours is a beautiful collage of amazing people.  We are all different....we look different from each other; we have different religious beliefs; we have different political beliefs; we love differently; we walk differently; each person has unique gifts, skills and God given talents.  These differences make our country the most amazing place on the planet (at least in my opinion).
"It doesn't matter who is in office... we had better get to work, put our hands to the plow and get after it. God didn't put us here to complain, we were put here to grow. Today I'm voting for personal responsibility."
~Ronnie Doss
Like my friend Ronni Doss says, it doesn't matter who is in office.  What matters now is that WE THE PEOPLE choose to set aside animosity, criticism and hatred.....the ugly qualities that are dividing us.  It is time for WE THE PEOPLE to put away the partisan party lines and reach across to one another and ask, "What can I do for you?  How can I support you in moving forward?"  We are each personally responsible for what happens in our lives, how we show up in our communities, and the difference we may/may not make.
Back to the comment about my community passing the bond issue for a much needed middle school.  I brought this up, because of the awareness I had.  I am pretty sure, Republicans, Democrats, Independents and others ALL played a part in coming together to make this happen.  WE THE PEOPLE came together for a common cause, and created change!  If we can cross party lines at the local level, what is stopping us at the state and federal level 
If WE THE PEOPLE say we love our UNITED States of America, maybe we can start acting like it.  I don't care if you are a Republican, Democrat, Independent, Black, White, Orange-with-pink-spots, Gay, Straight, Male, Female, Transgender, or anything else....I love you and want you to live a life of abundant success.

We ARE the UNITED States of America.  We are responsible for our thoughts and actions.  

Which do you see serving you more....
Anger, Hatred, Blame, Division and Revenge?
OR

Tolerance, Acceptance, Forgiveness and Unified Collaboration?

You get to choose....
God Bless!!!
Gal 5:13-15
You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh[a]; rather, serve one another humbly in love. 14 For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”[b] 15 If you bite and devour each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other."
 

1 comment:

  1. Nice Job Angela! We need this kind of thinking in our country! thanks for all your inspiring thoughts! Frances Boggess

    ReplyDelete